Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Home again

Goooood morning! I am way perkier than I usually am before 8 a.m. because I'm still on east coast time. I flew back yesterday, after two weeks in New York, many great meals (eat hereherehereherehere and here if you can), too many late nights out with friends, back to back work meetings, and some excessive laziness thrown in for good measure.

I brought some ladies to rural Pennsylvania to hang out at my parents'. We did some beekeeping with my dad.
Bees are absolutely incredible. They kick all the males out of the hive to die before the winter, then just make more in the spring. They can communicate - through head waggles and booty dances - exactly where a source of food is. They make wax AND honey. That's the one I can't get over.
We sat around and drank wine.
We chased wild turkeys, and then gave up for some glamour posing.
We watched an incredible sunset, while still sitting and drinking wine. 
We cooked, a lot. We snipped fresh herbs. Grilled cornbread-crusted catfish and corn, made guacamole with cherries in it, baked rhubarb cake, stirred up omelettes, roasted s'mores over a bonfire. We went for runs and bike rides. It was glorious.


And then, at the end, I checked into my hotel, into this view.
I spent days at the Javits Center.
We did karaoke.
We checked out the Brooklyn markets.
And we ate, and ate, and ate.

No comments: