Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SXSW

As always, SXSW was a huge and exhausting and heartwarming and occasionally disappointing experience. In the five years I've been going, I've never managed to see all the shows I've wanted to see, I haven't spent enough time with all the friends I wanted to have a beer with, and I've spent too much time rushing around and not enough time just enjoying the scene. And yet, as always, I'm incredibly glad I went.

While I go through my photos and process the last week in my overwhelmed and underslept brain, here are some good insights on the SXSW experience:

  • a friend of a friend's blog is well written and gives the musician's perspective
  • a friend's interview in the Atlantic about the Austin music scene 
  • this is a pretty solid list of artists to check out; we saw Grimes and Dustin Wong

No comments: