Friday, January 27, 2012

Link dump

Items for your perusing pleasure.
  • I only just heard that the Asian Art Museum is running an exhibition called Maharaja: The Splendor of India's Courts. It looks stunning.
  • This weekend is the Treasure Island flea market, and here's a link to a free admission coupon. We've been doing some light redecorating in our apartment lately - moving things around and de-cluttering, mostly - so I've got the itch to do some flea marketing.
  • Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley is reopening, backed by Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead. Their current events schedule only goes through February, but I'll be keeping an eye on who they're booking.
  • A Wellesley '07er produced this short film about a doctor who works with women injured in acid attacks in Pakistan, which is nominated for an Oscar. I'd love to see it.
  • In this photo blog, the photographer takes photos of herself jumping and then edits them so it looks like she's floating. They're dreamy.
  • The SF Symphony is having a sale on a large number of shows. I'm going to buy some tickets and hope that my travel schedule for the next few months doesn't conflict with all of them.
  • An amazing brewery/beer garden just opened in the Mission. I can't wait to check it out.

No comments: