Monday, January 10, 2011

99 bottles of beer...

I brewed nine batches of beer in 2010. That's 45 gallons of beer, or 480 bottles. Damn. Here's the roll call:
  1. West Coast Amber
  2. Nipples of Venus IPA
  3. ESB
  4. Lawnmower Ale
  5. English Pale Ale
  6. West Coast Red Ale
  7. American Hefeweizen
  8. Mild Pale Ale
  9. West Coast Porter
I plan to top that in 2011, and have kicked it off with a West Coast Pale Ale, which is a few weeks away from being ready - it'll be kegged and cold for Super Bowl Sunday. Today I brewed a German Altbier, which I'll bottle and use for a dinner party in February. The question is, what should I do next?

6 comments:

slb said...

TRIPPEL.

GGB said...

Not sure I can ferment at the right temperature for a tripel, but will ask at the brew store.

Michelle said...

are any of those considered amber ales? I might visit and brave your cats for an amber.

Michelle said...

wait, but not if it involves scraping yeast off your roof...

GGB said...

Meesh, you must visit, irregardless of beer type. But the altbier is a copper ale, which is a color pretty close to amber in my book. No roof yeast included.

Michelle said...

Hmm... good to know.