Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Volunteer

It's time for new year's resolutions and blah blah blah. One thing that I'm newly invigorated to do is volunteer. Anyplace, anytime. I'd work for a food bank or an environmental organization or an animal shelter or any doggone place, really.

Mike and I are going to start working with the SF Bike Coalition, but even though I definitely believe in bike advocacy, I don't think that's going to satisfy my Helping People jones. My one problem (and it's a big one) is that I can't commit to any regular activity, because I travel so much for my job. Even a once a month gig won't work if it happens to fall on a day that I have to be out of town.

So with that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I am not doing anything appreciable right now to help my fellow man (though I like to think my work is helping to better humanity), and I'd like to get cracking.

No comments: