Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snacking

From an NYT article, Snack Time Never Ends: "Apparently, we have collectively decided as a culture that it is impossible for children to take part in any activity without simultaneously shoving something into their pie holes."

Is that an ok thing to say? I thought it was borderline rude. In any case, I was delighted to see it in an article, particularly one that also quotes a trendologist (seriously?) from the Center for Culinary Development, where I spent a few days as a temp back in '06. I was the note taker for a meeting of a dozen or so chefs who had been hired by Frito Lay to come up with flavor inspirations for Doritos. The chefs, some of whom I recognized as being Food Channel Personalities (but none of whom I can remember now), cooked elaborate meals of Thai shrimp and chicken mole and whatever else they thought the American populace might embrace in a chip.

All the meals were delicious, but I thought all would make pretty gross Doritos. Then again, Doritos are pretty gross all on their own.

No comments: