Well, sort of. In true Brennan fashion, I strayed pretty far from the recipe. In particular:
- I don't know what kind of apples I used, nor how much. 3 apples = how many cups? Also, I didn't chop the apples up enough. Oops.
- I used whole wheat flour, but not pastry flour.
- I used regular-type cinnamon, which I did not measure. Just threw it in there.
- Since I can't get the top off my salt shaker, I just shook it into my palm for a really long time, until the pile in my hand seemed like a 1/2 teaspoon, and my arm was tired.
- I didn't have buttermilk, so I did half skim milk and half apple cider vinegar.
- We had only a little bit of vegan butter left, so I topped it off with a few glugs of canola oil.
- I threw a shit ton of sugar in there; no measurement needed or attempted.