Thursday, May 22, 2008

Glimmer this

I keep meaning to submit stories to Glimmer Train, but then I put it off, even though I think they're doing a great job of filling in the gap the New Yorker has left now that it has cut down on its fiction and only publishes authors that got a six-figure book deal straight out of Iowa. They and a few other magazines are finding talent and even paying them for it, which is novel nowadays.

Anyway, I thought I was procrastinating because I'm lazy, but now I realize it's because their name is just terrible. "Glimmer train" sounds like what happens when everyone forms a conga line at the Richard Simmons Convention opening reception, and I don't really want any part of that. Well, only a little part of it.
(Also, I actually went to the Richard Simmons website to get this photo, and it was glorious.)

No comments: