Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stuff I Eat.

I saw a foodie blog where the chick kept track of everything she ate. I don't want to do that, because it would probably make me depressed, but I do get to eat some neat stuff. Aside from breakfast, that is - I am very not into breakfast. I eat cereal because every nutritionist on earth says you have to have the first meal of the day blah, but I really don't get why people are so into the kinds of greasy, heavy, ok-on-weekends-but-not-every-day type stuff that is breakfast food. Fried is not my friend.

But I digress. I am really into food, and I am working on becoming a better cook. So here's what I've had in the last 24 hours or so:
Last night - Escargots en brioche with garlic butter (as a warmup for 3 vodka red bulls and a few Buds. Barf, right?). I got this shit at Trader Joe's, and it was deeeelish.
Today - Spinach salad with blue cheese, strawberries, carrots, beets, cucumbers, candied walnuts, and poppy seed- yogurt dressing. Tomato bisque. Home- (i.e. cafe-) made mint chocolate chip ice cream.

And tonight I'm cooking! And opening a bottle of wine we got in Sonoma! Yippee!

No comments: