Thursday, April 3, 2008

BSG, meet Sigma Kappa Phi

Overheard in the women's locker room at work, 8:45 this morning:

"Isn't it messed up how when Lee wakes up, she's gone, and married to Anders?"
"I mean, I guess..."
"You guess? It's totally messed up!"
"Well, she was drunk, Jackie."
"So? Don't even try to justify it. God, I couldn't believe it. But it was so hot when they boxed."
"It was totally hot. Poor Dee, though."
"Whatever. Kara Thrace is the best."
"She rocks."

They went on to debate the hotness of Gaius Baltar and what they would do if they accidentally got knocked up by a cylon. I remember when my love for Battlestar Galactica made me an easy target for ridicule, and now it is beloved of girls who wear makeup to work out.

On a side note, I heard an interview with an astronaut in which she pointed out that the fighter jets on BSG might as well be big blocky cubes, since you don't need your planes to be aerodynamic when there's no atmosphere. To which I say, whatever - Vipers are pointy and awesome and in the future paper has its corners cut off and when people want to curse they say "frak". So there.

1 comment:

msmcshane said...

OMG I JUST WATCHED THE FIRST NEW EPISODE. Irritatingly cliff-hanger-y, but OMG.